What Documents Should I Submit with My Application for a Temporary Residence Permit?

Are you applying for a temporary residence permit in Poland? If you want to know what additional documents should be submitted with your application, read the full list of attachments in the further part of the guide Legalisation of Stay and Employment of Foreigners in Poland.

What Documents Should I Submit with My Application for a Temporary Residence Permit?

  • application form in two copies filled out according to the instructions (i.e. capital letters in the Polish language! entered in the appropriate boxes, according to the factual state of affairs);
  • four photographs:
    • undamaged, in colour, good resolution, 35 mm x 45 mm size,
    • taken not earlier than 6 months before the date of application submission,
    • showing the foreigner’s face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders, so that the face occupies 70-80% of the photograph,
    • on a uniform, bright background,
    • in the frontal position, looking straight ahead with open eyes, uncovered hair, with a natural facial expression and closed lips, as well as reproducing the natural skin colour, clearly showing the foreigner’s eyes, especially pupils,
    • without head coverings or dark glasses (exceptions possible where appropriate),
    • the foreigner’s eye line should be parallel to the upper edge of the photograph;

  • photocopy of a valid travel document (the original should be available for inspection). In particularly justified cases, a foreigner may present another document confirming their identity;

  • two photocopies of the passport page with personal data and photo.

Lack of any of the above mentioned documents constitutes a formal defect of the application, which, if it is not rectified after being asked to do so by the voivode processing the case, will result in the application not being processed!

  • documents necessary to confirm data contained in the application and circumstances justifying the application for temporary residence permit,
  • confirmation of stamp duty payment,
  • evidence of health insurance held by the foreigner (e.g. a policy or a certificate from ZUS – Social Insurance Institution)
  • documents confirming possession of a stable and regular source of income sufficient to cover the costs of living of the foreigner and the foreigner’s dependent family members (e.g. PIT statement indicating the amount of income gained, ZUS certificates, etc.)
  • documents confirming sufficient financial resources to cover their subsistence and return trip to their country of origin or residence or transit to a third country which will authorise entry (e.g. traveller’s cheques, credit limit certificates, information on scholarships granted, etc.
  • documents confirming the place of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland (e.g. certificate of registered residence or apartment lease agreement)

Applications and documents concerning legalisation of foreigners’ stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland should be:

  • prepared in Polish,
  • originals (original application for a temporary residence permit should be submitted) or copies officially certified as true copies (instead of the original document, a party may submit a copy of the document if it has been certified as consistent with the original by a notary public or by the party’s attorney acting in the case and being a solicitor or legal adviser or an authorised employee of the authority conducting the proceedings (voivode) to whom the original document has been presented together with a copy – not applicable to identity (travel) documents,
  • translated into Polish by a sworn translator – in case of documents drawn up in a foreign language that serve as evidence in the proceedings, e.g. foreign civil registry records, contracts, etc. The obligation to provide a translation does not apply to the travel document.

More questions about how to legalise your stay in Poland?

Issues related to the legalisation of employment and stay of foreigners in Poland still raise many doubts – both among employers and their foreign employees. In order to make it easier to navigate among statutory regulations, the Invest in Pomerania team in cooperation with specialists from the Pomeranian Voivodeship Office have created a publication containing a list of the most frequently asked questions regarding the procedure of applying for a residence and work permit in Poland. We sincerely hope that the publication will make the process of legalising the stay and employment of foreigners in our region more efficient. We invite you to read the entire guide. If you want to learn more about the full range of support provided by Invest in Pomerania visit the website: investinpomerania.pl .

interesting articles

Pomorskie Przyjazne Rodzicom: Współczesne ojcostwo. Elastyczne możliwości.

(Polski) Rola ojca w życiu dziecka jest ważniejsza niż jeszcze niedawno powszechnie się przyjmowało.... (więcej).

(Polski) Pomorskie Przyjazne Rodzicom: atrakcje dla dzieci na Pomorzu

(Polski) Województwo pomorskie jest jedną z ciekawszych destynacji turystycznych dla rodzin z dziećmi. Plaża... (więcej).

Parent-Friendly Pomerania

(Polski) W dzisiejszych czasach wiele kobiet decyduje się na kontynuowanie kariery zawodowej po urodzeniu... (więcej).

Parent-Friendly Pomerania

(Polski) Pomorskie oferuje znacznie więcej niż jedynie rozrywki zorientowane na turystów – region jest... (więcej).